The West Bank at Thebes
These two giant statues are all that remain of the mortuary temple of Amenophis III, 1391-1353 BC. Legend has it that these statues would “sing at sunrise”, this was beleived to be noise that was made by the stone warming in the sunlight. Unfortunately, the statues have undergone restoration which apparently put an end to their song.
The next photograph is The Pyramids of Giza