Egyptian Jewelry Lioness Goddess Sekhmet Pendant on 24" Lapis Bead Necklace For Sale
This item has been shown 6117 times.
Egyptian Jewelry Lioness Goddess Sekhmet Pendant on 24" Lapis Bead Necklace:
Egyptian Goddess SekhmetFigure on24"Lapis Necklace
Ancient Egyptian Art-Dynasty 26. reign of Amasis (570-526 BCE)
- 24"Lapis Bead Necklace with Sekhmet Motif in center
- 24 Karat antique gold-platedSekhmet Figure &Golden Beads
- Gold filled clasp
- Second picture is of the original
- Designed and manufactured in USA
- Gift Box or Pouch Included with History Card
- Free Priority Mail with Insurance within the USA
- List Price ~ $318.00
Our Sekhmet jewelry was adapted from a solid gold pendant shaped as a lioness-headed Sakhmet, goddess of medicine and healing. The original was found during The University of Pennsylvania Museum's excavation (1915-1919) in the city of Memphis, the ancient capital of Egypt. While amulets such as this one were often worn by the dead, they could also be used by the living to offer the protection of particular divinity to the wearer.
Designed and Manufactured in the USA