The Great STOCK MARKET Wall Street CRASH OF 1929 in a New York City Newspaper For Sale
This item has been shown 1494 times.
The Great STOCK MARKET Wall Street CRASH OF 1929 in a New York City Newspaper:
The Great STOCK MARKET Wall Street CRASH OF 1929 in a New York City Newspaper
(Note: additional images are located below the description)
Shown is an original & historic old newspaper, offered to enhance your collectible interest: THE NEW YORK TIMES, October 25, 1929
* Stock market crash of 1929
* Wall Street, New York City
* Great to have in this title
Of the several dates of the prestigious TIMES which reported the Stock Market Crash in late October this may well be the most desired, reporting on the infamous "Black Thursday" on Wall Street which would forever change society & beginning the Great Depression.
The famous front page headline reads: "WORST STOCK CRASH STEMMED BY BANKS; 12,894,650 SHARE DAY SWAPS MARKET; LEADERS CONFER, FIND CONDITIONS SOUND". There are related subheads as well reading: "Losses Recovered In Part" "Upward Trend Starts With 200,000 Share Order for Steel" "Tickers Lag Four Hours" "Thousands of Accounts Wiped Out, With Traders in Dark as to Events on Exchange" and more (see).
Of the thousands of newspapers in print in the United States in 1929, the "New York Times" ranks among the most desired in reporting not just this 1929 Crash, but any historic financial report as Wall Street was located in New York City. Particularly desired are the words "Stock Crash", which rarely appeared in newspaper reports of this event.
This is the complete 60 page issue, disbound, and is in uncommonly nice condition. The issue has virtually no flaws to speak of and is in very clean condition.
A rare opportunity for a cornerstone issue for any 20th century newspaper collection.
Please Note: All of our offerings are 100% authentic! We do not offer reprints or reproductions of any kind. They are guaranteed to be original!
Shipping, Archival Storage Options, Certificates of Authenticity, About Us, and more...
- For this specific item, A U.S. winner pays $9.00 S&H. If multiple items are purchased and paid for simultaneously, the S&H will be calculated by using the highest item's S&H as the base cost, and then adding $1 for each additional newspaper. The per-item additional cost for folders, portfolios, and presentation cases vary.
- All U.S. orders include in-house insurance at no additional cost to the buyer.
- All U.S. bound orders include delivery confirmation (if sent by USPS) and/or tracking (if sent by UPS).
- Expedited shipping is available for all orders upon request. Every effort is made to ship all orders within 24 business hours of receiving payment.
- Some small items may be shipped 1st Class. We will still provide tracking and insure them at our expense.
If the automated checkout process does not properly combine shipping, we will refund overages automatically. If you prefer, contact us prior to payment to obtain a revised invoice. International Shipping Policy...
- Upon purchasing, international winners should contact us for an invoice which includes S&H to their location.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying. Note: We will not falsify customs declarations or mark an item as "gift" in order to avoid customs fees.
- If insurance is desired, be in touch for a quote. All insured orders are subject to customs, duties, & taxes for the amount insured and are subject to item 2 above.
- Large and/or brittle issues must be shipped flat and are required to be shipped by Priority Mail International (PMI), often at a weight of 3 pounds or more - quite expensive. Please contact us for a pre-purchase/pre-offerding S&H quote if you are concerned about the potential S&H cost.
- International purchasers are encouraged to take advantage of our combined shipping policy to lower the cost per item S&H.
We have been dealers in rare newspapers for over 43 years, serve as consultants to multiple museums, and are members of the American Antiquarian Society. offer with confidence knowing that every item we offer is guaranteed to be authentic.
More Information About Us
Timothy Hughes Rare Newspapers
P.O. Box 3636
Williamsport, PA 17701-8636
Hours: M-F, 7:30-4:00 EST
Click to view our additional offerings
"...desiring to conduct ourselves honorably in all things." Hebrews 13:18
If you would like to have either the Archival Storage Folder ($12.00, plus corresponding adjustment to the final S&H) or the Certificate of Authenticity ($3.00) included with the issue, please purchase these directly through using the links provided. These items are also available through our cross-promoted store offerings."Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter." Thomas Jefferson